Tuesday 6 November 2018

Greshams Chapel Memorial Plaque

I've walked past Greshams school more times than I can remember, yet inside the premises is even more spectacular than I could have imagined. An atmosphere of quiet dignified order hangs over the buildings and grounds, and this is not simply me playing on stereotypes. Just from looking one can tell this is a place of quiet excellence, and it was a sincere pleasure to be able to look around as we went about our work.

The work however was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences I've ever... experienced. The manual lift made the most awful metallic cracking sounds as it took the load and the plaque itself swung terrifyingly. But once it was securely pinned in place the satisfaction was the far greater emotion.







No comments:

War Memorial Cross

I really enjoy these more impressive projects. Once the finish is complete it'll be ready for installation atop the small stepped plinth...