Wednesday 10 October 2018

A first post and a thank you.

Welcome one and all.

It's taken me some time to begin figuring out exactly why I love stone. I can't be complacent, at any point. Stone fights back every step of the way. Nothing is easy, only slightly less difficult as time goes by. It's recalcitrant, truculent, irritable and dissembling, every bit of it.

I love stone because of these things. Every success however small has to be earned.

I shall be making regular posts as time goes by, my career (hopefully!) advances and my works increase.

My sincere, heartfelt thanks to the good people of the Lettering Arts Trust who have put their faith in me, and to the others to have done the same in teaching and training me. I won't let you down.

S

No comments:

War Memorial Cross

I really enjoy these more impressive projects. Once the finish is complete it'll be ready for installation atop the small stepped plinth...